Seamless Transition from Retiring Azure Media Services (AMS) to Enjoy Better Streaming Services
Declaration of Microsoft Azure Media Services Retirement
Microsoft's cloud platform Azure recently announced that its Media Services will retire on June 30, 2024. Customers currently using the service are advised to complete the service transition before this date, as they will no longer be able to access their Media Services accounts after retirement. In addition, other documents mention that the Media Player will retire on the same day too.how
Frequently Asked Questions on Azure Media Services Retirement
The FAQs below are the key points, impacts, and solutions for the AMS retirement announcement:
1. What services will disappear along with Azure Media Services?
The core services will disappear with AMS, including on-demand encoding, live streaming, on-demand streaming, content protection workflows, and Azure Media Player.
2. Why is Microsoft retiring Azure Media Services?
Microsoft officially explained: "Microsoft focusing on strategic areas of secular growth and long-term competitiveness for the company."
3. What do current Azure Media Services customers need to do before the retirement date?
Before June 30, 2024, current AMS customers need to find a new service provider, such as BlendVision, to ensure their needs for streaming and encoding are unaffected.
4. What happens if the transition is not completed after the retirement date?
After June 30, 2024, Microsoft will no longer support AMS, and access to Media Services accounts will not be available. As for customer data, there will be two scenarios:
(1) Customer videos and associated files (e.g., .ism, .ismc, and .mp4 files) will be stored in the Azure storage account, unaffected.
(2) Account data for Media Services, such as streaming endpoints, live events, asset metadata, etc., will be deleted after the retirement date.
5. Is the transition troublesome?
BlendVision has a professional technical team to help customers smoothly transition from AMS to BlendVision, offering solutions that best fit your business models. Customers do not have to worry about potential technical problems during the transition, and you can obtain a more comprehensive streaming service.
Now, BlendVision has prepared a simple transition guide for Azure Media Services customers. Just follow these three steps, and you'll be set up in your new home:
- Step 1: Obtain your BlendVision One account
- Step 2: Transfer your existing AMS video assets
- Step 3: Start new video streaming with BlendVision One
6. What are the benefits of transitioning from Azure Media Services to BlendVision?
BlendVision can provide customers with the same core services as on AMS, and additionally, you will gain a broader range of features and reliable service support.
- BlendVision's one-stop platform can be used immediately upon opening a browser without extra time spent on downloading and installing software or worrying about system compatibility issues.
- It supports a variety of devices, in addition to Web-view, it also supports Native OS including Web, iOS, Android, Android TV, Chromecast, Airplay, etc..
- From real-time video to large-scale live broadcasts with ultra-low latency less than 3 seconds, you can choose to use them and interact with the audience through chat rooms and voting functions.
Besides, with years of experience serving large international corporations, BlendVision's team can customize large-scale video platform functions you need, and use proprietary PTE (Per-Title Encoding) and PSE (Perceptual Streaming Engine) technology to provide most cost-effective bandwidth usage and cloud storage, helping enterprises reduce transmission costs by up to 80%.
7. Do video files need to be re-encoded after transitioning to BlendVision?
Video files transferred from AMS to BlendVision do not need to be re-encoded. For customers with a large number of video files, this can significantly reduce the waiting time for the re-encoding and fasten the transition process.
8. Can I still use other Azure services after moving to BlendVision?
Yes, you can either choose to move all services to BlendVision, or continue to use Azure's storage space and CDN, and then integrate to BlendVision's encoding, DRM (Digital Rights Management) and other services. Other Azure services can also continue to be used.
9. How do I start transitioning to BlendVision?
Fill out the contact form below, and our professional team will be in touch with you, assisting you in achieving a seamless transition and also upgrading to a superior streaming service, thus crafting a more ideal monetization model.
BlendVision: Seamless Transition and Upgrade from Azure Media Services (AMS)
When looking for a transition alternative for Azure Media Services, BlendVision, a multimedia technology brand under the multinational technology group KKCompany Technologies, is certainly the one you should consult first.
BlendVision is an international leading video streaming technology platform, providing comprehensive video streaming solutions and flexible modular products. Fulfilling the demands of different streaming services like live events broadcasting, encoding, encryption and content monetization. Our clients span across domestic and international telecom, media and entertainment, sports and fitness, online education, and more, assisting them establish their ideal business model.
Enjoy BlendVision's services now:
- Comprehensive video streaming solutions to meet your various video business needs
- Technical and consulting team with years of experience serving International clients
- Provide streaming quality with a 99.9% SLA(Service Level Agreement) for millions of users
- Over 12 million minutes of video transcoding every year
- Supports various integration methods: No-code platform, API, and SDK
- Capable of integrating with Azure storage space and CDN services
Fill out the contact form below, and our professional team will contact you to help you easily complete the service transition. For customers currently using Azure Media Services, complete the form now to get free:
- Transition consulting services
- Trial account
Contact BlendVision and let’s help you create a more ideal business monetization model.
Get Started Today.
Fill in the form and one of our consultants will help you shape your video strategy.
4K Digital Restoration: A Comprehensive Analysis of Manual and AI Methods
Explore how AI and manual restoration are transforming the world of 4K content, delivering stunning visuals and a richer viewing experience.
How can technology effectively protect the copyright of online tutoring classes by preventing unauthorized recording?
With the rapid development of technology, more and more tutoring and learning centers are moving to the cloud , establishing online learning platforms to provide educational services. In this digital age, AI technology not only optimizes the learning process but also becomes a learning assistant for students, helping them learn and absorb knowledge more effectively.
How to Use AI to Achieve Efficient Employee Training and Learning and Development (L&D)?
In today's dynamic market, employee training and development, or Learning and Development (L&D), is crucial for corporate success. It's vital for both new and current employees, enhancing their skills and fostering personal and professional growth. As businesses grow and evolve, HR and L&D departments need to regularly update their training content. This ensures that new hires receive effective onboarding training and existing staff continue their education. The rise of online learning has led companies to adopt online platforms for employee training, making it more accessible and adaptable. Additionally, the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) is revolutionizing traditional training methods.